Thursday, May 10, 2012
Tuesdays with Morrie 5/8
Morrie talked about his death. I started to think about my own death. Who would miss me when I'm gone? Was there anything I would miss? Regret? My head started to spin with these thoughts. But then I thought about the people who I knew that had died. All the people that had been a part of that person's life had memories that would stay with them. So, if I think back through all the memories I have and who I have shared those memories with, I know that there will be a few people who cry at my funeral and keep me in their memories. Thinking of what I would miss was a tough one. It's not as simple as what would you give up, but what wouldn't you want to give up? And I decided I wouldn't give up anything. I'd miss being able to talk to my mom, to smell the flower, and to feel the sun on my skin. I'd even miss the fights my brother and I get into. And that line brought me to what I would regret. I wouldn't regret anything I had done up to this point in my life, because of them I am...me. What I would regret is not strengthening the bond with my brother or seeing what I could do with my life. Its at this point that I'd stop thinking about death and start living so I can get rid of my regrets and live while I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment