Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie 5/10


"Learn how to die, and you learn how to live." Most people who read this sentence don't understand what it means. I don't want to say I know what it means, because a statement like this has many different meanings. The version that I see is: once someone actually starts to die they see the world differently. We, as humans, go through life fretting about the wrong things. We get angry when we get a stain on our clothes or get into fights because someone stopped us from doing something stupid. Because we are so involved in our problems we don't notice when someone opens the door for us or how beautiful the flowers look. When someone is dying they realize how useless it is to fret about the problems and start to notice the little insignificant things they didn't notice before. That's my version of the statement:"learn how to die, and you learn how to live". What's your?

No comments:

Post a Comment